Auckland Mayor 2010

Posted by admin 
Re: Auckland Mayor 2010
August 16, 2010 02:00PM
possibly due to this?
August 17, 2010 10:32AM
The stock finally now reflects the polls. Interesting point on the Digi Poll, it only polled those that said they are going to vote. The result will now be based on turnout not the canidates as they are both trying to be each other. 45% plus turn out Brown wins, 45% beow turn out Banks wins. Be good if the Herald ran a poll asking "will you vote".

Think I will change my name to "Undecided" and stand for mayor

smiling bouncing smiley
August 17, 2010 11:30AM
Sell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The stock finally now reflects the polls.
> Interesting point on the Digi Poll, it only polled
> those that said they are going to vote. The result
> will now be based on turnout not the canidates as
> they are both trying to be each other. 45% plus
> turn out Brown wins, 45% beow turn out Banks wins.
> Be good if the Herald ran a poll asking "will you
> vote".
>
> Think I will change my name to "Undecided" and
> stand for mayor
>
> smiling bouncing smiley
>

I've always like the idea of a RON candidate.

That way you can protest without being lumped in with the apathetic.

Alan.
August 17, 2010 08:30PM
Thanks for all those selling me stock at half this price smiling smiley
August 18, 2010 09:52AM
It's not over until the fat lady sings..........but yes some good buying alround and now game on
August 20, 2010 08:21AM
Anyone else hear that Winnie is announcing he'll run today?

I'm probably being led astray, but its possible, and I guess he would be happy to win, and happy with the media exposure if he doesn't.

Alan.
August 20, 2010 11:47AM
Alan3285 Wrote:
> Anyone else hear that Winnie is announcing he'll
> run today?
>

I bought at 0.0001 and slightly above, but someone else has bought at 0.0039 since then, so it appears there might be something happening here?

Alan.
August 20, 2010 01:38PM
Now we have trades at 0.70c.

I wish someone would just confirm that he is running - the suspense is killing me.

Plus I have made a 70-fold gain on my 0.0001 purchases earlier today. Whoo Hoo!

Of course, it probably only comes to about 10c ;-)

Alan.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2010 01:40PM by Alan3285.
August 20, 2010 04:36PM
I look like some kind of rabid fool replying to myself, but nevertheless:

I cannot find anything to substantiate this online except the trading activity on IPredict, so either it is wrong, or someone has inside knowledge.

I have sold most of what I bought this morning and made about $1.35 so not exactly spectacular.

I stopped buying at about 0.0013 I think, but there have now been trades at 0.0100 so clearly someone thinks they know something.

If you are the phantom buyer, please do let us know!

Alan.
August 20, 2010 05:43PM
Hi Alan

It is a bit strange that no one is replying to your posts in this particular thread so here goes a couple of other(though unlikely) possibilities:

1. Someone has heard a lot of talk about Winston in the media over the past few days and suspects that there is some remote chance that he is simply trying to get as much attention as possible in a bit to lift his profile in advance of announcing that he is running for Mayor.

2. Someone is very easily amused and is taking great pleasure in the thought of you searching all over the net for non-existant news. To such a person, it would be $1.35 well spent. Bear in mind that this is possibly a punishment for your getting all the answers incorrect in that survey that ipredict ran a couple of months or so ago.

On a more serious note, I agree it is a strange movement in what looked to be a dead stock.

Cheers
Scott

PS. The mystery trader is not me grinning smiley
August 20, 2010 05:52PM
Scott Wrote:
> Hi Alan
>
> It is a bit strange that no one is replying to
> your posts in this particular thread so here goes
> a couple of other(though unlikely) possibilities:
>

I *was* starting to look around for the tumbleweed....

>
> 1. Someone has heard a lot of talk about Winston
> in the media over the past few days and suspects
> that there is some remote chance that he is simply
> trying to get as much attention as possible in a
> bit to lift his profile in advance of announcing
> that he is running for Mayor.
>

Possible - I like the idea of him running to increase media time for the next GE myself.

>
> 2. Someone is very easily amused and is taking
> great pleasure in the thought of you searching all
> over the net for non-existant news. To such a
> person, it would be $1.35 well spent.
>

Hah! That wouldn't suprise me.

>
> Bear in mind
> that this is possibly a punishment for your
> getting all the answers incorrect in that survey
> that ipredict ran a couple of months or so ago.
>

You're off my birthday party list!

>
> On a more serious note, I agree it is a strange
> movement in what looked to be a dead stock.
>
> Cheers
> Scott
>
> PS. The mystery trader is not me grinning smiley
>

Well, to start with it was *me* (and presumably one or more others at the same time), but not past the 0.0013 mark in my case!

Alan.
August 20, 2010 07:46PM
Well, either he is one of the 'secret' candidates, or it didn't happen:

NZ Herald - 7:10 PM Friday Aug 20, 2010 - Eighteen candidates for Auckland Mayor

I guess he could be grandstanding and waiting until the list is published on Weds, but seems most unlikely.

Alan.
August 23, 2010 07:51AM
Candidates list released, Shipley, Tamihere & Tindall stocks can now close.

[www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz]

[www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz]
August 23, 2010 11:24AM
Thanks Alan Corbusian, just had a very unsuccessful google to find these.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2010 11:46AM by admin.
August 23, 2010 11:28AM
admin Wrote:
> Thanks Alan, just had a very unsuccessful google
> to find these.
>

Corbusian found them - not me.

:-)

Alan.
August 28, 2010 03:11PM
Why is Banks increasing in price when a new poll puts him 9% behind? Something I've missed? [tvnz.co.nz]
August 28, 2010 04:50PM
Perhaps just what the iPredict team have been telling us all along.... iPredict is more reliable than other polls???

Or just that on iPredict there is gain to be made by playing the numbers for profit regardless of the likely ultimate outcome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2010 04:53PM by ManontheCliff.
August 30, 2010 08:55AM
[www.stuff.co.nz]

iPredict in the news
August 30, 2010 09:54PM
Brown walked all over Banks tonight on Campbell Live. Banks fell apart especially unusual considering he use to be a seasoned campaigner.
August 31, 2010 08:10AM
Were we watching the same programme? smiling smiley Although I did miss the first half. In the 2nd half I thought Brown was wishy washy and unsure of his words at times, although Banks was dodging questions. IMO both were making outlandish promises. God help Auckland because I doubt either of that pair will....
August 31, 2010 08:25AM
Have a look at the first half on line you missed the best bit. Yep this SuperCity is looking a bit of a mess, Hide will be running for cover.
September 13, 2010 09:52AM
Morning Report on National Radio had a good Mayoral debate. Banks got clearly slam dunked not just by Brown but also Andrew Williams.

Have a listen on line

Mayoral Debate - Winner Len Brown. Who came second?
September 13, 2010 08:12PM
Over 1,400 Brown traded today and on the rise. Another Poll about to come out?winking smiley
SSB
September 14, 2010 03:38PM
I was part of that recent poll.. ;-)

had a polling call from the Herald at the weekend..

Questions like:

"Who would best handle a crisis like Christchurch has?"
'If Bob Parker was up here how would he go against Brown and Banks?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2010 03:42PM by SSB.
Art
September 14, 2010 05:04PM
The Herald is once again out doing itself as NZ's leading tabloid. Please at least invest in a scientific poll.

thumbs down
September 22, 2010 01:22PM
I know it's late in the piece, but we can add a stock for this guy to the list of Auckland candidates?
September 22, 2010 02:05PM
I thought the link had taken me to crime watch smiling smiley

Looks like Brown is going to win as voter turn out is predicted at 60% plus by various polls and media
Art
September 25, 2010 10:29AM
Turn out will be less than 50%. People don't give a toss. South Auckland vote will most likely push Brown in just as Banks has played the race card which will motivate those who don't normally vote to do so. Brown at 60 cents at this late stage is still a worthwhile risk
PGC
September 25, 2010 09:10PM
Possible Auckland Super City voting scam

Police have been speaking with people throughout the North Island about a possible Auckland Super City voting scam involving the Papatoetoe ward.

Detective Inspector Mark Gutry, crime manager at Counties Manukau Police, said search warrants were executed at "properties of interest" this week.

Up to 40 officers were involved, and candidates and campaign staff would also be contacted for information as part of an inquiry into electoral roll irregularities around the upcoming elections.

The Registrar of Electors last week removed 306 enrolments after discovering people did not live at addresses stated on enrolment forms.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/4165635/People-across-North-island-enrolled-in-super-city-election[/url]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Labour to take hard line on voting scam
The Labour Party will take action if any of its members were found to have been involved in a possible Auckland Super City voting scam involving the Papatoetoe ward, party president Andrew Little says.

Police are investigating, and search warrants have been executed at "properties of interest", Detective Inspector Mark Gutry said yesterday.

The irregularities involved people outside of Auckland, but related to Papatoetoe in south Auckland.

The Registrar of Electors last week removed 306 enrolments after discovering people did not live at addresses stated on enrolment forms.

The Labour Party had co-operated with the investigation, and would support any action police decided to take, Mr Little said.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2010 09:16PM by PGC.
September 25, 2010 09:25PM
Another 306 reasons to buy Brown smiling bouncing smiley

A Crusty & Rusty smear?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login