Auckland Mayor 2010

Posted by admin 
Re: Auckland Mayor 2010
May 16, 2010 08:59PM
Williams does a good enough job of taking the piss himself
May 19, 2010 12:32AM
Welcome back Banks sugar daddy.........shorted 400 Brown and brought 400 Banks this morning. Look forward to this continuing or to make it simplier just post us all a cheque although not as much fun!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 19, 2010 12:38AM
Well spotted Landslide yes Im back for some of this action but note both stock prices have quickly corrected to Brown in front which reflects the polls. Agree someone really wants Banks to look good on iPredict or they have inside knowledge perhaps on another doddgy Banks team poll !!!!
May 25, 2010 10:13PM
Im not a fan of Brown, but his advert in the Herald today ticked all the boxes. Going to be an interesting race. Not sure what is happening with Brown and Bankies stock as it has been all over the place with some big buys and shortings on both?
May 26, 2010 03:31AM
Sell - I think a bit of profit taking from alrounddrinking smiley
May 26, 2010 07:55AM
I think asking John Banks to lead a united Auckland is a bit like asking Kim Jong Il to lead a united Korea. smiling smiley

I'm well right of centre but Brown is the better man for this job as today's NZ Herald ad demonstrates.
May 26, 2010 09:56AM
At the end of the day it's not about left or right. It's about whats best for Auckland, NZ and I agree the Herald today was good. Banks is trying to reinvent himself with no substance - Brown is just being himself hip hop and all but looks the real McCoy; he is gaining traction with the everyone because he is the only canidate that can bring the community along with him. Banks being in the social pages with Rippon and Henderson dosnt help his cause! All that aside I have enjoyed & continue to hope making a $ off this stock.
May 27, 2010 09:08AM
Wheres Banksies buyers gone? I'm kind of missing their injection of funds....
May 27, 2010 09:40AM
Yes Bankies Boy - smiling bouncing smileycome out to plaaay we still wish to make some Hay! But some ones buying up Brown???
PGC
May 27, 2010 09:47AM
Create Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But some ones buying up
> Brown???

Banksie's or John Key's BLIND trust?
May 27, 2010 10:10AM
No it has to be the Obama Fan Club buying up Brown!
May 27, 2010 08:24PM
Banks sugar Daddy please come back all is forgiven we miss you; well to be honet we miss your cheque book!

sad smiley

But a noticable solid and consistant gap between both stocks reflecting the Herald poll is probably the reason sugar daddy has desolved away, at least he left us with a sweet taste.

smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2010 08:29PM by landslide.
May 28, 2010 05:01AM
landslide Wrote:
> Banks sugar Daddy please come back all is forgiven
> we miss you; well to be honet we miss your cheque
> book!
>
> sad smiley
>
> But a noticable solid and consistant gap between
> both stocks reflecting the Herald poll is probably
> the reason sugar daddy has desolved away, at least
> he left us with a sweet taste.
>
> smiling smiley

He'll be back, and no, it's not me.tongue sticking out smiley
May 28, 2010 10:10AM
I'll be back or will he? Most likely waiting for a Kiwi Saver payout so could be sometime!
cool smiley
PGC
June 05, 2010 10:29PM
"Brown zaps city's card"

Last updated 09:33 06/06/2010

Supercity front-runner Len Brown is the latest mayor to be caught zapping his council credit card on personal purchases - such as $74.45 for insect repellent at a South Auckland pharmacy.

Brown has used his card to buy groceries from Foodtown, take his wife to Auckland's Rendezvous Hotel and buy a stereo system from Dick Smith Electronics. The personal expenditure totalling $579.27 has now been refunded to Manakau City Council, where Brown has been mayor since 2007.

Brown's mayoral credit card statements for the year ending May 2010 reveal he has racked up $10,864.98 in expenses.

The Bank of New Zealand statements include 22 transactions which are coded as "meals for mayor between engagements". Also appearing are transactions where ratepayers have been forced to cough up for "fruit for mayor", "refreshments for mayor", "box of chocolates for mayor" and "mayoral Christmas gifts".

A number of transactions made at restaurants and bars are not accompanied with a description despite the Sunday Star- Times asking for each one to be itemised, as required under the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act.

Brown refused to speak to the Star-Times about his spending and instead had his Auckland Council campaign press secretary David Lewis respond to inquiries.

Lewis said Brown had no time "to sit down and go through a year's worth of statements".

Banks does not use a council credit card and said he had never asked ratepayers to reimburse expenses.
[www.stuff.co.nz]

Interesting to see if the above news item will have any effect on the prices here..
PGC
June 06, 2010 10:44PM
The Mayor of Manukau and frontrunner for mayor of the new Auckland super city Len Brown says he has reimbursed personal expenditure, including a hotel booking and a mini hi-fi system, on his council credit card.

Mr Brown told the New Zealand Herald he had reimbursed the council for the personal expenditure totalling $579.27. For the year to May, he ran up $10,864.98 in expenses on his mayoral credit card.

Mayor pays back credit card spending

"I try and set the best examples on all fronts. I'm not going to be bulletproof and I don't set out to be perfect. I just set out to be my best and be accountable for it," Mr Brown told the newspaper.

Two Manukau City councillors yesterday raised questions about Mr Brown's spending.

Dick Quax and Jami-Lee Ross called for a full review of mayoral credit card use.

"It is important for the mayor of a large metropolitan city to show judgement when spending ratepayer funds," said Mr Quax.

"Mr Brown may have since paid some money back, but purchasing personal items in the first place is highly questionable and undoubtedly against council policy."

In a recent poll Mr Brown had an almost 12 percentage point lead over his main rival for the Super City mayoralty, John Banks.

[www.stuff.co.nz]
June 07, 2010 08:27AM
PGC - why the above post who cares?
PGC
June 07, 2010 09:13AM
Sell Wrote:
> PGC - why the above post who cares?

Doesn't news have a direct bearing on trading decisions?
June 07, 2010 10:10AM
Sell Wrote:
> PGC - why the above post who cares?
>

Speaks to the character of Len Brown, which affects how the electorate view him and will vote, which impacts on the stock price?

I didn't realise that if you get caught walking out of a shop without paying, you can offer to pay for the goods there and then and it is all okay - no harm done.

Alan.
June 07, 2010 10:54PM
Yep but dont bore us with the whole article; a link is fine. Interesting you didnt put the article in from the same paper that had Brown ahead by 17 points in the Polls.
June 07, 2010 11:07PM
PGC - thanks for the article I didnt see it. Interesting it hasnt affected stock prices...most likely seen as a media beat up.

Sell - what Poll had Brown ahead by 17 points?
PGC
June 07, 2010 11:14PM
Sell Wrote:
> Interesting you didnt put the
> article in from the same paper that had Brown
> ahead by 17 points in the Polls.

I you read my post, you would have seen this in it at the end:
"In a recent poll Mr Brown had an almost 12 percentage point lead over his main rival for the Super City mayoralty, John Banks. "
June 07, 2010 11:23PM
Im talking about the poll after that one that has Brown 17 points ahead not 12 points.

In answer to Create the poll was a UMR one and was in the Sunday paper about 3 weeks ago.

Below link is of similar vain

www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/manukau-courier/3773300/Brown-goes-cityside

Anyway back to reality both stocks Brown and Banks are going no where at the momnet with very little trading. Dont think much will change until we get closer and a serious third contender is ruled out after the close off.
June 08, 2010 03:34AM
Sell Wrote:
> Im talking about the poll after that one that has
> Brown 17 points ahead not 12 points.
>
> In answer to Create the poll was a UMR one and was
> in the Sunday paper about 3 weeks ago.
>
> Below link is of similar vain
>
> www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/manukau-courie
> r/3773300/Brown-goes-cityside
>
> Anyway back to reality both stocks Brown and Banks
> are going no where at the momnet with very little
> trading. Dont think much will change until we get
> closer and a serious third contender is ruled out
> after the close off.

Sell - if you're going to put in a link, how about using a real, working link. Hope this isn't boring you.

www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/manukau-courier/3773300/Brown-goes-cityside
June 08, 2010 03:43AM
Oracle you are a scholar and a gentlemen; thank you thumbs up
June 08, 2010 04:15AM
please please come back Banksies buyers....twas so much fun when you were around!
June 08, 2010 04:53AM
Come on Banks sugar Daddy share the love and I'll even vote for you...moody smiley
June 08, 2010 05:11AM
The market does seem to be in a state of somnambulism.yawning smiley
PGC
June 08, 2010 10:38AM
With regard to all the'Mayoral' contracts of Auckland or Christchurch, does the death of a candidate prior to the election make the contract void or will the contract still hold? ( I hope nobody takes offense to this question).
June 08, 2010 08:00PM
Good question but If you die surely you lose. Although Banks is dead in the polls he should still live so worth holding
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login