Trans-pacific Cable

Posted by admin 
Trans-pacific Cable
November 20, 2013 02:32AM
Re: Trans-pacific Cable
March 31, 2014 09:17AM

He believed the chances of that US$350m (NZ$403m) cable project going ahead were “better than 50:50”. Hawaiki’s chief executive, former Alacatel-Lucent executive Remi Galasso, moved his family to New Zealand a few months ago which Mitten took to be a sign of his commitment.

[www.stuff.co.nz]
June 12, 2014 01:07AM
We have received the following question:

"Does TPCABLE.2015 (and related contracts) mean the cable is physically laid in place or is operational by the required time?"

As stated in the contract, the cable simply has to be laid. It does not require the cable to be operational.
December 17, 2014 03:30AM
"Does TPCABLE.2016 (and related contracts) mean the new cable is "physically laid from NZ all the way (albeit via hops) to the US"? or could it be for instance "cable laid as far as Australia and then extended connectivity leased from Australia to the US on existing infrastructure"?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2014 03:32AM by horsie.
December 18, 2014 04:03PM
I have been wondering about Horsie's question myself. In addition, I would appreciate clarification on how this would be judged if the new cable went only to Hawaii or Guam and then connected to the mainland USA through a secondary cable. Either of those islands would fulfill the requirement "that a second fibre-optic cable is built linking New Zealand and the United States", but it would hardly seem like a true "Trans-Pacific Cable" to me.
July 10, 2015 09:30AM
[www.stuff.co.nz]
July 12, 2015 08:56PM
Sorry this never got answered, Horsie & ThePianoMan.

In the terms, the contract states it must be laid between NZ and the US, so it must be fully laid before the closing date of the contract for it to close at $1, not just to some islands.
July 16, 2015 10:27PM
How is admin going to judge whether it is 'fully laid', without the requirement for it to be operational?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login