AK.RECYCLE

Posted by adamsp 
AK.RECYCLE
June 20, 2012 06:22PM
See here and here for background.

I'm wondering whether the announcement of an introduction of trial glass collection bins in the former Rodney District Council area today is enough to close this contract, as it specifies:

This contract pays $1 if the Auckland Council announces before 1 January 2014 that an additional recycling bin for kerbside glass collection will be provided to some or all households in the Auckland region.

It does not specify anywhere in the contract that this provision be on a permanent or trial basis - though I believe the intent of the contract is to measure the likelihood of this occurring on a permanent basis.

Thoughts?
Re: AK.RECYCLE
June 25, 2012 04:59PM
I would say probably not yet. The phrase

trial of separate glass collection in Rodney and retention of separate paper collection in North Shore and Rodney to be explored.

Suggests that this isn't an announcement that the trial will be taking place, and instead is an announcement that they may be looking at undertaking a trial.
June 26, 2012 08:42AM
Ah, indeed. Thanks for that. I'll raise the point again (if no one else does) when there's some confirmation of the trial taking place.
June 30, 2012 10:24PM
Anyone want to take a guess at the salary of the council person responsible for making an announcement that they might be making an announcment?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login