is iPredict slowing down?

Posted by mtrobert 
is iPredict slowing down?
June 18, 2012 09:22AM
I know you have had outage issues recently and probably have a lot on your plate. But is it just my perception or is the website performance getting worse?

Seems agonizingly slow to load pages, the three steps to complete a trade take over 60 seconds. And I have not been able to trade quickly enough to hedge/ close positions I have taken meaning I have been unable to respond to market moves.

Are there plans to increase the scale/performance of the site, for as it currently stands if every time I go and consider making a trade and have to wait the length of time to get the data, I am then reluctant to trade.
Re: is iPredict slowing down?
June 23, 2012 06:02PM
I'm also finding it painfully slow, to the point that browsing contracts is so painful I just can't be bothered with much until it is fixed.
July 05, 2012 08:23AM
Yes, it is getting quite frustrating. has this anything to do with an overload due to the numerous obscure stocks that have been appearing over the past few months that virtually no-one trades on?
July 05, 2012 08:43AM
Morning traders,

I am acutely aware iPredict is running slowly at the moment, the traders side of the page is slow, and the admin side is horrific.

Apologies for these ongoing technical problems, there isn't going to be a quick fix, but we are hoping to get some resolution on it in the near future.

Oliver
July 10, 2012 12:29PM
Thanks Oliver - it seems to be getting quite serious though when you can't trade quickly and easily. Sadly, if improvements don't eventuate soon then I'm sure I won't be the only one considering pulling out.
July 18, 2012 08:38AM
I just came to the forums to have a moan, but see that there are plenty of unhappy campers already.
July 19, 2012 08:49AM
I agree entirely, the admin side of the site includes a number of areas that still compile and load the entire list of uncached categories. Which as you can imagine is excruciating. There is going to be some significant work competed on iPredict soon, but we don't have any details or dates yet.
July 19, 2012 09:53AM
admin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree entirely, the admin side of the site
> includes a number of areas that still compile and
> load the entire list of uncached categories. Which
> as you can imagine is excruciating. There is going
> to be some significant work competed on iPredict
> soon, but we don't have any details or dates yet.

Perhaps iPredict could use a live in-page price update system (not official name), sort of like what intrade does. It would drastically cut the number of refreshes needed and could potentially speed things up. It wouldn't be terribly difficult to do.
July 19, 2012 02:08PM
That's not a bad idea, I will try and keep users up to date with the changes we are looking to make, in the coming days/weeks and devote a forum post asking for suggestions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login