How to set a limit.

Posted by hornerjona 
How to set a limit.
June 17, 2011 07:04AM
Hi there. Being a bit of a pleb here, watched some of the tutorials but there's one question that's evading me. How do I put a stand in the market for selling or buying? and / or is that feature on ipredict even?

Let's say I bought a bunch of shares that are trading at .80 and I want to say put a sell order in for them at .30, so if news happens that my share isn't going to eventuate and I'm nowhere near my computer at least they'll automatically sell off once the price has dipped to 0.30 rather than me coming home to see they are now valued at 0.01. Is there a way of doing this? If so, how?
Re: How to set a limit.
June 17, 2011 07:09AM
Not yet. iPredict is set to do some development over the next couple of months and was recently asking members what new functionality they would like to see added - the results are here and you'll see that a stop-loss function was the most wanted new feature.
Re: How to set a limit.
June 17, 2011 10:37AM
You can't set a limit per say (which is what Economist) is talking about, but you can put an order on the books.

After clicking Trade, on the top left menu, select Advanced Trade. You can now put in the Quantity and pick your price. If there are outstanding Buy orders at .4500, and you place a Buy order at .4300, then your order will appear below the .45 in the book, and the .45 order will have to be cleared before your one will be actioned. Obviously someone could later put in an order at 0.4400, or 0.4301.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login