Down-time friday morning

Posted by iTeam 
Down-time friday morning
March 19, 2010 08:02AM
Apologies from the "iTeam" (attempting to remain anonymous smiling smiley ) - there was a bit of a hiccup this morning, a scheduled upgrade turned bad when one of the database servers didn't restart properly.

As you may have noticed is was not possible to log in for about 45 minutes this morning.

All going now though, and I see traders are accumulating once more on our trading floor.

cheers
iTeam
Re: Down-time friday morning
March 26, 2010 12:24PM
Hi,

Another Friday morning, and again, a bit of downtime ....

In case you are interested, and by way of explanation, we have been going through the process of upgrading the operating systems software on all our production servers.

This requires reboots / restarts etc and while this can often be done during the day without affecting the site, there are times when we just have to take things offline for a short time.

It's all part of the total revamping of the site that's been going on for a while now. As you might be aware, the entire site (with the exception of the 'look and feel') has been replaced with another one recently. This seems to be going pretty well so far.

By mid week (next week) our server upgrade should be all done.
Re: Down-time friday morning
March 26, 2010 05:23PM
Thanks for the update. I often wonder if there has been some major effort behind the scenes when I have to log in again. That usually indicates something is going on with the servers / software / platform etc. Keep up the good work!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login