Site Problems & Proxy Errorsangry smileyangry smiley

Posted by Hamish 
Site Problems & Proxy Errorsangry smileyangry smiley
August 13, 2012 09:42AM
Last week I had a lot of problems getting to the site. Most of the time I hit proxy errors (as reported on this thread) and was completely unable to use the website. Aside from that, the site has been generally slow and frustrating to use.

Firstly, if you do have an outage, please at the very least have proper error pages with contact information. It's not hard to do - just configure apache to serve static pages instead of throwing the default.

Secondly, communicate that you're aware of problems and what you're doing about it. Your twitter account didn't respond to messages, your contact form didn't work, you don't have an email address posted anywhere I could find. You are a trading site with real money on the line. It is not good enough to just pretend nothing is wrong.
Re: Site Problems & Proxy Errorsangry smileyangry smiley
August 13, 2012 11:56AM
iPredict has a special dispensation from the Financial Markets Regulator to run their site (ref: [www.nzherald.co.nz])

I suggest if you don't get any pleasure from iPredict management, that you complain to them. I have no idea what they do, but they might be interested to hear of your frustrations.
August 14, 2012 10:01AM
Unusable again this morning. thumbs down
August 15, 2012 03:27PM
Hi traders,

Apologies for the lack of communication and the site in general. We haven't been able to talk about what we've been doing behind the scenes until the agreements are in place.

We have had a number of on-going programming and hosting issues causing latency and a lack of flexibility over the past few months, and have little control over it from our end.

We are in the middle of a process of moving hosting and programming of the site to a more stable server, and providing the back-end resources that the site has been starved of lately. The question of how long this process will take is hard to gauge, but hopefully within a fortnight. We will be in a position to give many more details about this in the next couple of days.

In regards to the original post, we don't have the capacity to change much about the website until this handover is complete. My email is [email protected], the way that the contact us page has been set up means that we don't always receive the emails, and I agree it's simply not good enough.

I am really optimistic that once we've handed over the website that we will be back to running iPredict without a hitch, and without the on-going lag and load issues that have been plaguing us over the past wee while.

Thank you for the question, and I hope to be able to fill in more details shortly.
September 09, 2012 04:43PM
Hi admin

In your previous post of Aug 15 you estimated two weeks before the site would be moved to a new server which would provide greater stability and see many of the problems of late resolved. Can you give us an update on the progress and when we might expect to see an improvement?

Regards,
September 13, 2012 11:34AM
Ping.
September 17, 2012 08:40AM
Further information about progress here: [www.ipredict.co.nz]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login