26 new features ideas

Posted by admin 
26 new features ideas
January 23, 2009 02:32AM
A recent blog post here listed the following new features ideas.

What else do you have in mind?

A. Forum

B. Continued API development

C. Confirm trade button disabled after one click

D. Option to display trader earnings by percentage (minimum deposit $20?) + make named appearance on list optional

E. Funds frozen following a withdrawal request + option to cancel request if not processed

F. User's cash, portfolio value and net worth plotted over time

G. User-added events/news on stock details, editable/removable/flaggable by other users via wiki, added items plotted on stock price chart

H. User stock board – lists all stocks in one place, current price/volume/day's high,low/lifetime high,low/high buy,low sell. Ajaxed and sortable.

I. Daily stock high/low prices added to stock details

J. Multiple stock trading system - allows buying and selling of multiple stocks at one time from single page – facilitates arbitraging

K. Stock details page widget which converts price to prediction for that stock taking into account any special rules (e.g. price floors) for that stock + remove probability from browse stock page and replace with "Avg. Cost" or "Rev/Stock Received At Sale" values if position taken, otherwise blank

L. Home page public notification – alerts to users arriving on the home page, warning of approaching downtime for maintenance, for example, or new stocks launch time

M. User alerts system - user can get emails/text messages sent if prices move outside defined bands

N. Basic look/feel site adjustments (colours, some page design changes)

O. Re-work trading interfaces - reduce steps, make clearer, ajax-enable

P. Re-work short selling to make clearer to user what funds have been transferred and why

Q. Post-trade suggested stocks "Users who bought this stock also traded …" displayed on the trade confirmed screen

R. Browse closed stocks page

S. Stocks vary between $0 and $max, where $max can be <> $1.

T. Connect forum and stock details pages - allow forum browsing (for posts relating to that stock only) and posting from stock details

U. Download (anonymous) raw trading data interface (currently available via API only)

V. Add Google news items to stock details pages using stock-specific search terms. Plot news item flags on stock price line.

W. One-click trading interface: buy and sell price can be clicked for a standard parcel size (eg 25 contracts) subject to there being at least the std number available at that price (if not the lesser number)

X. Either streamline browse stocks to load only selected categories or set up a browse stocks for mobile/PDA only

Y. Remove the division into 'page 1, page 2' of stocks in the lists on My Portfolio, e.g. the Watch list

Z. Show current bid and offer prices in the portfolio lists
Re: 26 new features ideas
January 23, 2009 02:34AM
By the way I'm running a spreadsheet that ranks orders of preference. The current order, using latest comments from the blog is:

D,A,J,F,C,H,M,B,E,N,O,L,G,T,I,S,V,R,K,Y,Z

Let me know your preferred order (any number is fine - just list your top 1 or 2 if you want) and I'll add it into the ranking.
January 24, 2009 09:59PM
V would be a huge step forward for me personally.

F, I and H are also quite good.
January 25, 2009 01:12AM
I like D, then J and I.

Could I also suggest that the stocks on the Browse Stocks page be organised, at least roughly, in order of the most traded. (Or perhaps you could just place indexed stocks at the very bottom of the list, given their low volatility/trade volumes.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2009 01:19AM by Taurusport.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login