What stocks iPredict can or cannot run.

Posted by ORACLE 
What stocks iPredict can or cannot run.
October 17, 2009 10:45AM
Often we see members suggesting stocks of a type that iPredict is not allowed to run. This must take up time for the admin team to read and respond to.

I think it would be good to have an announcement, permanently pinned to every page of the forum, that will detail this information.

Currently, this is not easily found on the site and newer members particularly, probably become frustrated trying to find it so, they do the quickest thing and suggest something that, cannot be run.
Re: What stocks iPredict can or cannot run.
October 21, 2009 09:02AM
Yes I wonder if a permanent page that explains what we do and why and with links to our authorisation would help there.
October 21, 2009 05:09PM
Along as new members can easily find it I think it would be great.thumbs up
October 23, 2009 02:28PM
Thanks
December 14, 2009 07:30PM
I agree this should be a sticky. I would also like to see the actual wording of the restrictions, if that is possible.
March 03, 2010 11:56PM
Hi Guys,

Just out of interest, where can I find this information?

Or if it doesn't exist anywhere, is there a one paragraph summary someone could post here?

Thanks,

Alan.
March 04, 2010 01:04AM
Blog post with Securities Commission Authorisation.

Exact wording of restrictions:

Securities Commission
political, business, economic, sociological, or demographic events or circumstances

You know, it actually strikes me that "scientific" events or circumstances are not mentioned here. Humm.
March 04, 2010 09:36AM
Thanx.
March 04, 2010 09:44AM
We disagree, Pipe. Our interpretation of the term "sociological" is that it grants to us the oppportunity to ask questions of a serious nature and of concern or interest to society, including scientific questions, but nevertheless excludes contracts on sport or entertainment.
March 04, 2010 10:51AM
OK thats fair enough.

I looked up sociology and it has a sort of list of topics covererd by the scope of sociology - some good ideas here.

• Culture
  • Criminality and deviance
  • Economic sociology
  • Environment
  • Education
  • Family and childhood
  • Gender and sexuality
  • Health and illness
  • Internet
  • Knowledge
  • Law and punishment
  • Media
  • Military
  • Political sociology
  • Race and ethnic relations
  • Religion
  • Scientific knowledge and institutions
  • Social psychology
  • Stratification
  • Urban and rural spaces
  • Work and industry

Some ideas this list gave me:

Religion - percent of population identifying as Christian at next census (long-run stock)

Internet - Broadband connections as a percentage of connections / NZ's broadband penetration ranking compared to other countries. Outcome of the proposed ACTA stuff.

Immigration - net immigration for a given time period to be vhigh / high / medium / low / vlow compared to previous time period

Criminality - total prison population at a given date - the question being, will the three strikes law mean more people are in prison

Edit: typos

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2010 10:53AM by pipe42.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login