Edit Order page, Buy/Sell, and click to match order

Posted by Funfinite 
Edit Order page, Buy/Sell, and click to match order
September 02, 2009 04:18PM
When you make a new trade for a stock, using the Advanced trading interface, you can click one of the orders listed in the book, and it automatically enters those details in the edit fields as a corresponding Buy/Sell to match that order. This is great, and I also tend to use it as a time-saver when placing limit orders just to one side of existing orders - I click one then edit the value, then change in from Buy to Sell as appropriate.

However, if I edit an existing order, the Edit Order page currently has only a partial implementation of this - e.g. if I am editing a Sell order, I can click one of the Buy orders, which changes my Sell order to match it. However I can't change my Sell order to a Buy order, nor can I click to match one of the existing Sell orders to update my limit order - only the Buy ones have links.

Please could you make the Edit Order page behave in the same way as the initial Trade page? I can't see any UI reason to want them to behave differently (though no doubt the back end will have to cope with changing Buy orders into Sell orders to implement it).

In summary I would like Edit Order to:
- Allow changing between buy and sell orders with a radiobox
- Allow clicking orders on either side of the book to put their values in the edit fields

It would also be useful if it could show static text with the original values of the order I am editing, so I can see the original values alongside my changed ones.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login