Purchase Stocks Navigation

Posted by SBlount 
Purchase Stocks Navigation
August 31, 2009 06:10PM
Is it possible that upon clicking 'confirm purchase' that you are returned to the window in which you clicked on the stock or trade button. At the moment you have to navigate through the browse predictions and categories to buy another stock.
Re: Purchase Stocks Navigation
August 31, 2009 06:42PM
Yeah, I am finding the interface a little cumbersome, especially after completing trades. I wonder whether, in addition to the suggestion above, there is any way for there to be a dropdown menu under the heading "Browse Predictions" so it doesn't require two clicks to get to a specific category of stocks. A dropdown menu under "My Portfolio" could also be useful, enabling one-click access to pages such as account information and history.
September 02, 2009 11:22AM
We have a development item which is due for release next Monday. It specifies the following links be added to the trade complete page:

Navigation:

My Portfolio

Account History

Back to [stock symbol] page

Browse Stocks

Does this work? Other links you'd like to see?

Re: drop down menu, good idea. Added to development list.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2009 11:24AM by admin.
September 02, 2009 01:00PM
Looks good, so long as the "Back to [stock symbol] page" takes you to the trading interface page that you came from - to avoid having to click "trade" again.
September 02, 2009 01:37PM
What I would like is if I am browsing all stocks at halfway down the page, if I purchase one of the stocks I can go straight back to the window scroll position as well as the page I was on. But even if we could just get the same page would be nice.
September 02, 2009 04:05PM
Those are all good, but I would like links both to the relevant 'Stock Details' page (do=stock_detail) and the 'Trade' page (do=trade) for the stock just traded. The latter could be called 'Trade this stock again'.

An alternative which I think would be very convenient and which I would much prefer: the 'Trade Complete' page could be removed, and instead show the 'Trade' page again at this point, with an extra prominent 'banner' or bounded section at the top which shows the 'Trade Complete' notification and the other links which you are planning to add to 'Trade Complete', e.g. back to 'Stock Details'. I think this makes a lot of sense, since it's very common to want to immediately place another trade on the same stock.

e.g.:

// Big highlighted box at top:
|---------------------------------------------|
| Trade Complete                              |
|                                             |
| Go to <My Portfolio> to view your new stock |
| View <Stock Details>                        |
----------------------------------------------|

// ...then below it, something similar to the initial Trade page:

Trade This Stock Again

Stock Info

Current Orders

Enter Your XXX Trade
bkd
September 02, 2009 05:44PM
I second Funfinite. That's a good idea.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login