Today's Change added to Stock I Own table

Posted by the_master 
Today's Change added to Stock I Own table
July 09, 2009 12:35PM
It would be good to see "Today's Change" for each stock in the "Stock I Own" table on the My Portfolio page. That is: a similar column to the one in "Active Orders".

It would be useful because sometimes I can see that my overall position has improved by, say $20, but cannot work out which stock is causing the movement.

e.g. If BROWN.RESIGN moves from -$88 to -$68 I don't necessarily notice it among the sea of adjacent red smiling smiley.

If I want to find out which particular stock is causing this momentous change, then it seems as if the only way is to go to the Browse Stocks page and check through each stock that has moved today and that I have an interest in.

I suppose it is a question of how much space is available for another column in the Stocks I Own table. User definable columns would be quite good. (I would delete the "Difference" column and replace it with "Today's Change" as the "Difference" is summarised overall in Gain/Loss anyway.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2009 12:36PM by the_master.
Re: Today's Change added to Stock I Own table
July 09, 2009 06:06PM
I totally support this idea and as I see heaps of space on both sides of my screen I would think it won't be a problem.
Re: Today's Change added to Stock I Own table
July 13, 2009 04:59PM
Good idea, noted.

I think what we want to do is set up an "advanced" portfolio page that shows both today's change on stocks and highest buy/lowest sell. This is more data than many people will want so putting it as a selectable (and sticky) option makes sense.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login