NZ Defense Force to outsource payroll before 2012?

Posted by admin 
NZ Defense Force to outsource payroll before 2012?
December 14, 2010 08:10PM
Will the NZ Defense Force outsource payroll before 2012?

[www.ipredict.co.nz]
gr
Re: NZ Defense Force to outsource payroll before 2012?
April 04, 2011 03:00PM
Finally a bit of movement on this: [www.stuff.co.nz]

"Jobs likely to be civilianised include positions in human resources, project management and policy development, drivers, instructors and photographers."

I'm presuming "human resources" includes payroll.

If I recall correctly the government's intentions, they have made noises for a while about centralising back office functions for a number of departments. Payroll for NZDF would fit.
April 04, 2011 04:44PM
Insofar as I am aware HR and payroll (as defined by the contract) are two different functions. In my experience, these functions have always been performed separately. Furthermore, a key internal control is the segregation of duties. This means the people administering contracts (i.e. HR) cannot effect payments under those contracts (i.e. Payroll administration) - this is a fundamental control to prevent fraud.

In the absence of a definitive statement how the payroll function is to be administered, then we need to rely on the contract. Based on the current wording, I'm not sure we can assume payroll is part of HR.

Per the contract:
"Payroll administration" means responsibility for the accounting and payment of salaries and wages paid to employees of the New Zealand Defence Force.

In the event there is no information either way, then iPredict will close the contract at $0.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2011 04:45PM by andrew93.
gr
April 05, 2011 07:17AM
Maybe I was too loose in my language. My main point is that if NZDF are looking at outsourcing functions such as human resources, etc, there is no reason why they should not also outsource payroll.

Certainly the general thrust of the article is that they will pass as many jobs as possible on to citizens.
April 05, 2011 05:56PM
Fair enough.

Any ideas on why we have this contract? Is it a high public interest thing?
gr
April 06, 2011 07:42AM
No idea. It appears it turned up on "draft definitions" and shortly thereafter became a new stock. Not sure if anyone suggested it.
April 07, 2011 01:52PM
Launching another contract on this, but ending on 1 Jan 2013.
April 21, 2011 01:00PM
New contract added: before 2013

[www.ipredict.co.nz]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login