Which idiot keeps bidding up the internet party?

Posted by Mpearce 
Which idiot keeps bidding up the internet party?
May 19, 2014 05:39AM
12%? The only person who would be dumb enough to bid that high must be kim dotcom himself?
Re: Which idiot keeps bidding up the internet party?
May 19, 2014 06:33AM
What about Northcote, Hamilton East & West? They all have National incumbents and National party vote majorities yet are being traded down. I can understand Rotorua with Tamati Coffey standing for Labour and an ex mayor challenging Lees-Galloway in Palmerston North.
May 19, 2014 06:34AM
By the way 12% is really only 1.2% for the Internet Party, you have to divide by 10.

All the minor parties are trading at 10c per 1%. Check the contract detail, so NZFirst at 54c is really predicting they will get 5.4%

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2014 06:39AM by Patzcuaro1.
May 19, 2014 09:02AM
There is lot's of fun movement going on. $$$
May 19, 2014 10:14AM
Jono naylor will win palmy. Only palmerstonians know that
May 19, 2014 10:18AM
Well there must be a mistake because the internet party and mana both have a price of $0.11 but manas prediction is 1.1% and the Iparty is 11.1%
May 19, 2014 11:21AM
I see what you mean, must be a glitch, hopefully admin will pick up on it.
May 19, 2014 02:11PM
They are "working on it" apparently... for at least 3 months.

[www.ipredict.co.nz]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2014 02:12PM by maxb.
June 26, 2014 10:10PM
Interested to know who keeps bidding up National to win Te Atatu
June 27, 2014 02:16AM
And how is Clutha-Southland (Bill English) anything but a dead cert for National? Who is "other"?
June 27, 2014 09:40AM
maxb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And how is Clutha-Southland (Bill English)
> anything but a dead cert for National? Who is
> "other"?

Bill English isn't standing in Clutha-Southland this time. The "Other" is perhaps Act's candidate: [www.nzherald.co.nz]
June 27, 2014 01:34PM
That makes sense, National picking a very young ex tobacco industry lobbyist would open a small window of opportunity for ACT. Clutha Southland would have to be one of the more conservative electorates in the country.

Mind you Don Nicholson's time as President of Federated Farmers left the organisation at a low ebb. I think he upset the powers to be in Wellington. Current leadership under Bruce Willis much more enlightened.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2014 01:36PM by Patzcuaro1.
June 28, 2014 11:18AM
ok makes sense now... "other" = ACT. Poor choice of candidate by National.
June 29, 2014 11:26PM
KillEmAll Wrote:
> Interested to know who keeps bidding up National
> to win Te Atatu

The Te Atatu electorate boundary was significantly redrawn. (see [koordinates.com])

The bits of Massey and Glendene that were in Te Atatu have been traded for Henderson and Ranui (ex Waitakere). Clearly some people think this has destroyed Phil Twyford's considerable lead.

Personally I think that whoever is buying National up in Te Atatu is giving money away, and I'm happy to facilitate the wealth redistribution cool smiley
June 30, 2014 05:29AM
Te Atatu will be interesting on election night, while Twiford has 5000 majority in the electorate vote, National is marginally ahead in the Party vote. The new boundaries seem to favour National & Tau Henare would have been a polarising candidate, so it will be interesting see what happens on the night.

Sitting MPs seem to have an advantage at electorate level, name recognition. There are a number of Labour electorates that have party vote majorities to National.

On that basis Twiford has the advantage but is not a certainty, Te Atatu would have to be regarded as marginal. I expect National to win party vote, note sure if they can take the electorate though.

What's fair value at the moment is up to the individual.
July 01, 2014 02:57AM
Te Atatu's boundaries have changed but not by a great deal, in fact it covers parts of urban West Auckland which used to be part of Waitakere (a seat which won by nine votes in 2011). Waitakere has been dissolved and most of the rural area vote will be going into Upper Harbour and Helensville, while the urban vote into Kelston and Te Atatu.

Alfred Ngaro (a backbench list MP) is National's candidate who will try to better what Tau Henare tried to do in 2011.

Te Atatu is anything but marginal
July 02, 2014 12:23AM
KillEmAll Wrote:
> Te Atatu is anything but marginal

SHHHH winking smiley
July 02, 2014 01:12AM
Well anything can happen I guess, as I am noticing erratic behaviour in some of the other seats: Hutt South, Northcote, Whanganui, Palmerston North, Port Hills, West-Coast Tasman, Hamilton East, Upper Harbour
August 20, 2014 10:57AM
I'm agree with you smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login