Data

Posted by Predictable 
Re: Data
March 07, 2010 12:17PM
Hi Alan,

I just added some new functionality (buttons for the order book etc) which involves having invisible table rows for each set of data that users might want (like prices, graph, etc). I didn't realise these rows would come through when you copy and paste; I'm looking at the problem now.
March 07, 2010 12:31PM
Alan, I've changed the page back to how it was previously, and made the new functionality appear on a separate page.
March 07, 2010 01:29PM
With a bit of help from my daughter I was able to import the All Stock Prices data but I find the links don't work out the spreadsheet. Will they not work, can they be made to work, am I doing something wrong?
March 07, 2010 03:13PM
Hi ORACLE,

I have made the stock names link to the trading page for that stock. Do those links work for you?

I can make a more 'plain' version for the page if that would make things easier for you spreadsheet-import-inclined people.
March 07, 2010 03:16PM
pipe42 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Alan, I've changed the page back to how it was
> previously, and made the new functionality appear
> on a separate page.

Hi Pipe,

That has fixed it.

Just in case it helps or is of interest, I was using Excel to directly import from your page, rather than copy / paste.

Either way - THANKS!

Alan.
March 07, 2010 03:20PM
Hi Oracle,

I get the same, but I would not expect it to work directly (based on my past experience with such things).

What I usually do (and am doing in this case), is have a sheet for the data connection (to Pipe's site), and don't have anything else on there at all - it is just the 'input' location.

Then I have another sheet that takes the data from the connection page, and re-works it into whatever is useful.

In the case of the links, I haven't tried to get them working, but it shouldn't take too much to use the HYPERLINK function in excel to re-create a working link from the data that comes in.

If you can't get it to work, post back here with what you have, what it is doing, and what you would like it to do, and I'll try to help if I can.

Alan.
March 07, 2010 09:29PM
Well, I'm using Neo Office Calc instead of Excel and using the principle of of "Learn by Blundering Around" I have arrived here from the Forum link in the Calc spreadsheet. So yes pipe42, the links in the spreadsheet work, the stock title to the trading page and the other to the details page.

Alan, as I'm using Calc I looked around on the net and found this I used the bit about "Saving with synchronization" . I don't know if it's helpful or if it can be applied to Excel, if it can be used that's great.

Thanks to both of you.
March 07, 2010 09:57PM
ORACLE Wrote:
> Well, I'm using Neo Office Calc instead of Excel
> and using the principle of of "Learn by Blundering
> Around" I have arrived here from the Forum link in
> the Calc spreadsheet. So yes pipe42, the links in
> the spreadsheet work, the stock title to the
> trading page and the other to the details page.
>
> Alan, as I'm using Calc I looked around on the net
> and found this I used the bit about "Saving with
> synchronization" . I don't know if it's helpful or
> if it can be applied to Excel, if it can be used
> that's great.
>
> Thanks to both of you.

Hi,

Sorry - I have no experience with NeoCalc, but I'm sure there is the ability to make it work.

I have it working in Excel 97, and Excel 2007, so my best guess would be to see if there is a reference that gives a mapping from Excel function to NeoCalc (there is likely to be something like that around).

If you can find it, then look for the equivalent of the HYPERLINK function that I mentioned. It takes a string, and turns it into a hyperlink, so if you had, say:

A1 = "[www.ipredict.co.nz];

B1 = "MIN.DEP2.2010"

you could make a clickable hyperlink thus:

=HYPERLINK(A1&A2)

Obviously if you had a list of contract codes down column B you could make a list of hyperlinks by copying down (for example).

No idea if any of that will help, but good luck!

Alan.
Re: http://myfilmbiznetwork.com/user_blog.php,
August 14, 2013 12:15AM
hilarious mismatching of target and market!
Re: http://myfilmbiznetwork.com/user_blog.php,
January 31, 2014 05:34PM
Milosevic Wrote:
> hilarious mismatching of target and market!
>

???
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login