Terms of Service change - trading outside New Zealand?

Posted by hmonkey 
Terms of Service change - trading outside New Zealand?
April 26, 2012 01:04PM
I noticed that in the last few days the Terms of Service have changed, removing New Zealand specific clauses such as "THIS WEBSITE IS FOR NEW ZEALAND RESIDENTS ONLY" and "are currently in New Zealand, and will be in New Zealand whenever you access or otherwise connect to the Website". Does that mean we're now allowed to trade from outside New Zealand (depending on the laws of the country we're in)?

I have a fair bit of international travel coming up, so it would be good to know.
Re: Terms of Service change - trading outside New Zealand?
April 26, 2012 01:34PM
That would be great if intended.

I can't see anything in the Exemption Notice preventing iPredict accepting international traders. [www.legislation.govt.nz]
April 28, 2012 05:08PM
Imagine the potential amount of new users if ipredict is opened up to the world. Australia alone has 5x the population of NZ. This would definitely be good for prediction accuracy, but trading could get a lot more competitive.
April 29, 2012 02:27AM
admin, any official comment on this?
Wal
May 02, 2012 09:13AM
Also heading overseas but would like to continue trading. Any update re: this admin?
May 03, 2012 04:30PM
There is nothing in the exemption notice preventing offshore trading but we strongly emphasise that this is a New Zealand site and anyone trading offshore must ensure they are complying with the laws of the country in which they are in and do so at their own risk or any legal consequences within that country.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login