Liquidity

Posted by thedoctor 
Liquidity
August 02, 2011 04:47AM
What are the rules/approach on when the administrator takes out liquidity from contracts? Today the RBA decision had the liquidity removed hours ahead of time, on the day when the most attention would have been on it... On other occasions I have seen the same level right up to the announcement...
Re: Liquidity
August 02, 2011 08:56PM
Broadly it is to provide liquidity after launch and before close, but to thin during times when large adjustments are lilely, at launch, and at close, to protect ourselves from losses. The purpose of adding liquidity is to improve forecasts, and this purpose is satisfied before the contract's close. Thinning necessarily does not occur at fixed times anyway to prevent gaming.
August 19, 2011 02:52AM
Hi
I am fairly new to ipredict.
1.What liquidity does ipredict provide exactly-how does this work.
2. Can I see how many contracts are held for a given topic-for example there may have been 100 average daily trades for a while but how do I know if traders still actually have positions or have closed them out in the interim.
I'm concerned I may book-build but near to a contract expiry there'll be not much depth on the other side wanting to trade.
3. Is ROI annualised.
Thanks for any help or guidance.
August 19, 2011 06:29AM
Welcome, CW.

Here's a description of how the iPredict market maker works: [www.ipredict.co.nz]

It is essentially a hyperactive robot trader with its own budget, which makes offers to buy and sell along an S-curve, and replaces an offer to sell, when it is taken, with a new offer to buy at the same price, and vice versa.

I can't think of a way you can see 2.

3. ROI is not annualised.
August 21, 2011 11:37PM
Thanks admin
That's helpful.
Cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login