We definitely have at least one bot trading here

Posted by andrew93 
We definitely have at least one bot trading here
December 14, 2010 09:56PM
Edit: ok so how to beat the bot at it's own game? Can out of the money counter-orders be placed before placing an order that will trigger the bot? I need to give this some thought.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2010 10:05PM by andrew93.
Re: We definitely have at least one bot trading here
December 15, 2010 10:43AM
Okay, two threads going here, but what is the problem?
December 15, 2010 08:36PM
My bad. See the other thread. I have made an anti-bot proposal in that thread. Just frustrated with the bots and I'm not prepared to compete against computers.
December 16, 2010 01:29AM
Andrew 93, the bot as you've described it doesn't really compete with you in terms of predicting, it only performs arbitrage on stocks that are at inefficient prices.

If you are trading normally (buying or selling stocks to predict events), then the actions of the bot shouldn't affect you to a great extent?
December 16, 2010 02:17AM
I agree it isn't competing with the predictions but it is competing with me to trade with the MM. It's a race.

In the recent situation I experienced, I temporarily created the arbitrage (to clear a small position at a set price) with the intention that once I had immediately reversed it there would be no arbitrage opportunity. So after completing the 1st transaction, I was in the process of creating the 2nd transaction (to finish what I wanted to do and to remove the arbitrage) but I was beaten to the punch by the bot and I end up with the exact opposite position I initially wanted at the price I wanted. That is where the frustration arises. If I am trying to clear a position that allows me to bank (say) $5, but I'm beaten to it by a bot that wants to make (8x.6c=) 4.8c, then I'm not prepared to compete with automatons. The post came about due to the frustration of being beaten for speed (work has a slow firewall) on a very lowly traded stock where I was looking to bank a few dollars.
January 02, 2011 10:02PM
Multi trade?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login