MP.CULLEN

Posted by admin 
MP.CULLEN
January 25, 2009 02:34PM
Michael Cullen to leave Parliament in 2009
gr
Re: MP.CULLEN
February 11, 2009 04:43PM
Why is this rocketing up all of a sudden? I can't see anything on the usual news sites.
February 12, 2009 10:13AM
I think people must be assuming that he will jump ship with Helen. But there are two reasons why I think this could be a good short.

Firstly, he actually has to leave during 09, not just announce it. Seccondly, he is from the so called left wing faction of the party (like Helen). The labour party leadership risks becomming more right wing than National (rember Roger Douglous was in Labour during the 80s and Phil goff was one of his main supporters at the time as a young minister).

I think he will think twice about leaving and further slanting the mix of labour's sitting mps towards the right.

Anyway, that may not be an issue for him but I do think 80 cents is a bit overprioced at the moment (unless he is bidding on it himself - oh to be in that position).
February 12, 2009 10:16AM
the main reason he may not leave is that it will bring Judith Tizard back in on the list winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 10:17AM by peteremcc.
February 12, 2009 06:03PM
I'll pay him to stay if that is the case!!!!
February 12, 2009 10:20PM
heh,

basically Judith is two away on the list.

if helen goes, phil twyford will likely stand in her seat.
should he win, he switches from being a list MP to being an electorate mp, bringing Harry Duynhoven back.

then Judith is next on the list, meaning if someone (say Cullen) leaves, then shes in,

ofc cullen may go first, but that would make it eve.n harder for twyford in mt albert because people could campaign against him saying if you vote for him, you get judith too.

my pic would be that cullen will stay on until after helen leaves and after the by-election. that way they can try and distance judith from that by-election because she wont get back in directly because of it. will be interesting to see if it works.
February 13, 2009 11:47AM
If Helen gets the UN job, wouldn't Judith go with her.... or would she stay and keep the Parnell house dusted?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2009 11:47AM by williamsheridan.
February 25, 2009 08:13AM
[www.stuff.co.nz]

Looks like this one is in the bag.
gr
February 25, 2009 09:17AM
Interesting to see that the big jump in this stock happened just after 5am - presumably when the Stuff report hit the wires. We either have some early birds or overseas players on our hands!
February 25, 2009 03:59PM
to be fair its been about 2 weeks since this stock started showing progress... :0
February 25, 2009 10:28PM
I was up then, which is higly unusual for me, but for once didn't read the news before going out.

Typical tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2009 10:28PM by peteremcc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login