ROI

Posted by mc2001 
ROI
May 04, 2010 08:48AM
HI

Is there a problem with the ROI calculation

I'm not questioning mrh and his 14,000% gain although if he has done that well overnight then nice pick and next time can you let me know what your picking smileys with beer.

however my ROI has dropped around 500% overnight yet yesterday I made a very small gain.
Re: ROI
May 04, 2010 08:52AM
Did you get a cash payout from the survey? I believe that would impact the ROI.
May 04, 2010 09:50AM
Hi,

The only thing that changed yesterday was the payout for the survey. If a trader had only deposited a small amount of money, the survey money will have bumped that up by a reasonable percentage.

It's interesting to note that one or two traders, who, having had deposited less than the $20 to qualify for ROI, (and thereby flying under the radar smiling smiley) have now had their total deposits pushed over that 20 mininum. Presumably due to the survey payout.

My guess is that's why we suddenly have a new #1 in the top traders.
May 04, 2010 10:14AM
Hi ITeam

Thanks for that I see why my ROI changed significantly down because the payout from the survey has gone in as a deposit and not a gain.

which obviously changes the calculation of ROI.
May 04, 2010 02:47PM
I got an email today saying I had been paid for completing the survey. My ROI dropped fairly steeply overnight, so I assume I have been paid. I just can't seem to find any reference to it in my history. Am I looking in the wrong place? Where should I be looking?
May 04, 2010 03:35PM
From the portfolio page, click history, then scroll right down to the bottom of the page.

There you will see transaction history, which is where the record of the "Grant" will be.
May 04, 2010 03:40PM
Taurusport
Am I looking in the wrong place? Where should I be looking?

Don't worry, it took me a while to find it too. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

1. Click on Portfolio
  2. Click on History (left hand menu item)
  3. Scroll down, after the Trade History you get the Transaction History (deposits and withdrawals). The survey money should be at the top, labelled as type "Grant".

(I got $7.70, yay).

Edit: Beaten by iTeam, that'll teach me to take so long making a post. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2010 03:42PM by pipe42.
May 04, 2010 03:56PM
Ahh, I see! Thanks guys. Unfortunately I was only surprised by $3.20...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login