page selling wrong stocks

Posted by r_sivvy 
page selling wrong stocks
January 16, 2010 10:28AM
on the portfolio page i would click to buy more petrol stocks and once confirmed it didnt buy more petrol stock it had sold some of my national stock instead i repeated tryn to buy these stocks 3 times and each time it continued to just further sell my national stocks then i tried to buy them back and even then my national stocks just sold
Re: page selling wrong stocks
January 16, 2010 03:53PM
Are you using a mulit-tabbed browser? I have seen a similar issue if I have multiple tabs open in FireFox on iPredict at the same time.
January 16, 2010 05:19PM
more than one tab open but only one was on iPredict would this cause it possibly?
January 17, 2010 09:21AM
I shouldn't think so. When it happened to me I had multiple tabs open on iPredict. Frustrating though because I imagine it makes you not want to trade!
January 17, 2010 10:25AM
This is concerning as I only use Firefox and always use tabs. When I wish to trade a stock that I'm already in, I open a tab from My Portfolio and I'm wondering if this is when it's happening?

I believe this is something that iPredict needs to look into, resolving it quickly as tabbed browsing is a fact of life now needing to be accepted and dealt with as such.

If this is an ongoing behaviour then I've got to agree with andrew93's sentiment, "I imagine it makes you not want to trade! ".
January 17, 2010 11:57AM
yes it temporarily took me into a short position on my national stocks when i was infact wanting to go longconfused smiley
January 18, 2010 11:08AM
Looking at this now
January 18, 2010 11:23AM
ORACLE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is concerning as I only use Firefox and
> always use tabs. When I wish to trade a stock that
> I'm already in, I open a tab from My Portfolio and
> I'm wondering if this is when it's happening?

Not quite for me. This is what happened to me with the multi-tabbed browsing: I see a new group of stocks are launched, so I open a new tab for each of the new stocks (could be say 6) and I simultaneously place a number of out of the market orders. The sequence is I place 6 orders, and then confirm the 6 orders - if this is from work, our firewalls are extremely tight/slow hence the odd process. On reviewing the confirmations, I would sometimes see that a tab had picked up another stock, and I would end up with the same order repeated and one missing.

I am now a little slower in making such trades to avoid this issue.

I realise this isn't the same issue identified by r_sivvy, but that has been my experience with tabbed browsing.

Cheers
Andrew
January 18, 2010 06:20PM
problem solved? or do i have to still avoid the trade links on my portfolio page?
January 18, 2010 07:21PM
andrew93 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ORACLE Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This is concerning as I only use Firefox and
> > always use tabs. When I wish to trade a stock
> that
> > I'm already in, I open a tab from My Portfolio
> and
> > I'm wondering if this is when it's happening?
>
> Not quite for me. This is what happened to me
> with the multi-tabbed browsing: I see a new group
> of stocks are launched, so I open a new tab for
> each of the new stocks (could be say 6) and I
> simultaneously place a number of out of the market
> orders. The sequence is I place 6 orders, and
> then confirm the 6 orders - if this is from work,
> our firewalls are extremely tight/slow hence the
> odd process. On reviewing the confirmations, I
> would sometimes see that a tab had picked up
> another stock, and I would end up with the same
> order repeated and one missing.
>
> I am now a little slower in making such trades to
> avoid this issue.
>
> I realise this isn't the same issue identified by
> r_sivvy, but that has been my experience with
> tabbed browsing.
>
> Cheers
> Andrew

Ahhh! Had this myself many months ago and put it down to the way the tabs worked so stopped doing multiple orders. It will be interesting to see if iPredict has an answer to the problem. For that matter a multiple order facility would be handy but the development may be quite involved.
January 19, 2010 04:46PM
r_sivvy - I would avoid multiple tabs for a next couple of weeks. We have various fixes in the works and these should resolve the issue you're having. Thanks for raising this - obviously an important problem that we should have resolved shortly.
January 19, 2010 05:42PM
thanks
March 03, 2010 11:59PM
Hi Admin,

Is this something that was fixed in the 1 Mar 2010 upgrade?

Thanks,

Alan.
March 04, 2010 09:04AM
Yes. If you have further issues please report them but we completely re-worked the sessions system to (we hope) address that issue.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login