API

Posted by 3peter 
API
February 17, 2011 10:32PM
I would really like to see the ability to pull down ROI over time for a given UID

I've been using the method mentioned in ROI - MrH for some time so there shouldn't be any new privacy concerns.

It would be great to have the actual data behind the graph so it would be possible to rebalance the ROI for people who started before or after others, and allow for better presentation of the data.

I'm not sure if anyone looks at the API google group anymore so posting in both - maybe it would be good to have a section in the forums just for the API.
Re: API
February 19, 2011 09:02AM
3peter, I don't know if it provides enough information for what you have in mind, but this is probably a good place to remind people that a lot of this stuff is available using the Easy API rankings page.

ROI, net worth and net worth change are available for every trader on every day right back to 2009-06-17.

I don't know why the data doesn't go back further than that, the site started in mid 2008 IIRC.

PS: On that date (2009-06-17) there were 2589 traders who had deposited more than $175,000. The average trader had a 7.2% ROI on about $67.

Currently there are 4034 traders, total deposits more than $244,000. The average trader has a 17.75% ROI on about $60.

Hopefully my page is calculating the average ROI correctly - it seems pretty damn good overall!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2011 09:11AM by pipe42.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login