Important Site Announcement: Please Read.

Posted by admin 
Re: Important Site Announcement: Please Read.
January 04, 2016 10:57PM
@jacksparrow

I think you can remove the tinfoil hat! (I was always keen for a stock on tinfoil hat sales)

I saw it reported (maybe stuff.co.nz), that over the history of iPredict there were something like three people who had multiple accounts. Two of those were a genuine mistake and the other case the user was notified as to the rule breach.

As for conspiracy related to trading of Hooton, Whaleoil et al.
I'm sure they were putting in their bus change and moving the market around on some stocks, and in a blatantly obious way given 5 minutes later there would be a partisan blog post/tweet saying 'look at iPredict'.

But that is and always was the whole point of the site. These tools have no divine right to see the future and other users were free to bet against (and indeed profit) from the foolishness of the predictions.
January 11, 2016 12:07AM
TraderV, the level of some political stocks bids is not pocket change, this is a concerted arrangement involving thousands of dollars to keep it in trim. My main beef is that someone at Exceltium didn't just report the weekly or daily situation at a random time - they changed the results first, to favour National if needed, then they reported. VicLink staff and the board allowed that situation to continue, and as there is no major cost to obeying new legal rules over membership, they'd prefer not to undermine their support of the status quo, a right-wing government.
January 14, 2016 04:18AM
lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login